My Fellow Classmates....It's a sign of what's to come!

As we all seemed to enjoy our Highland Park experience and the wonderful eye-opening information that was bestowed upon us there is one final image I hope everyone will find a good laugh in. So I leave you my fellow classmates and teachers to ponder on this banner a few us encountered.


The sign reads in english and spanish, “I was dreaming that I failed to prepare for an important exam at the end of the spring semester”

As we approached the banner hanging from the fence of the empty lot on the corner of Ave. 50 and York Blvd., expecting to read of the future plans of development for the lot. Instead, 4 new USC students received a heed of warning for the upcoming semester from the message quoted above. Titled “American Dream no 2, June 30th”, the banner reminded me that in this community you can expect the unexpected as it undergoes the various changes investors and politicians have in store for it as the community is in the stages of being gentrified.

No comments: